In our previous tutorial, we talked about search engine optimization (SEO). While SEO is an important weapon in your marketing arsenal, it takes too long to see results in most cases, especially if you are marketing a brand new website.
The quickest way of getting RELEVANT visitors to your website is to setup pay-per-click (aka PPC) campaigns.
There are many PPC networks, but the most effective and where you’ll find the most traffic is through Google’s PPC platform, called Google Adwords.
What is Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising?
PPC advertising are the ads that show up when people type searches in Google’s search engine (or any other search engine for that matter such as Yahoo!). What happens is that Google will display your ad since you have “bid” on these key phrases and you only pay when someone clicks on your ads.
How Does PPC Benefit Your Business?
- You can get started quickly – you can get up and running within an hour
- You only pay for people who click on your ad (not just view your ad)
- If you have enough conversions (email newsletter signups, purchases, etc) – then you can also try Cost-per-Action (CPA) where you only pay when someone completes an action you specify
- You can control how much you want to spend
- Majority of searches are done on Google
- Highly effective and great return on investment (if you know what you are doing)
- Pay-per-click is an excellent way to find new leads and clients
Here are some things to be aware of when using Google Adwords:
- Learn how to properly setup your campaigns before you start
- You can waste a LOT of money if you don’t know what you are doing
- You need to know what are your keywords and keyphrases that apply to your business
- You need to monitor your campaigns at the beginning and tweak them accordingly to get them running smoothly
- You need to keep testing things so you are maximising your return
Here’s the best way to succeed with Google Adwords:
- Hire expert firms to manage your campaigns, the advantages are that they know what they’re doing and you don’t have to think about it. However, the disadvantages are that you need to be sure you know how to hire a firm that knows what they’re doing and understand your business. Also, hiring an external firm can be really costly.
- Do it yourself. Many business owners and marketers manage their own Adwords campaigns (I do too) but before you do so, you need to learn how to successfully manage your Adwords campaigns or you could end up wasting a lot of money with no returns.The best way to learn how to manage your own Adwords campaigns and ensure a high chance of success is to read Perry Marshall’s Definitive Guide to Adwords. I have this guide myself and Perry Marshall is THE guy that everyone goes to for Adwords help and advice. This is truly a worthy investment that pays for itself over and over.You can sign up for Perry’s Free Adwords Email Course to get you started.
If you want to have a flowing stream of leads and customers for your business, then I highly recommend you check out Perry Marshall’s guide and free Adwords email course.
Tools Mentioned in This Tutorial: