Some of you may or may not have heard of WordPress. WordPress is an open-source and free piece of software that runs millions of blogs on the Internet today.
In this tutorial, I’m going to introduce to you why WordPress is our tool of choice for building websites and how it benefits you as a business owner.
What is WordPress?
As I briefly mentioned above, WordPress is a free and open-source piece of software that was originally created to run blogs. However, since it’s inception, WordPress has developed into a much greater tool for creating websites in general.
The whole reason why WordPress has developed into such a powerhouse tool for web designers is that not only is it a great product but it is open source.
Open source means the underlying source code that runs WordPress is freely available for people to look at and modify.
That allows developers around the world to develop new features, fix bugs, offer support and create new applications that work with WordPress at an astonishing rate.
You would be amazed at the number of websites that are powered by WordPress nowadays (and not just blogs) – I’m talking corporate websites.
Here’s How WordPress Benefits You:
- It’s FREE to use – for personal AND commercial use
- It’s easy to find support and answers to tech questions regarding WordPress
- It allows you to focus on writing and publishing your web content without having any technical knowledge or having an IT person help you upload content
- It separates the design elements from the content
- It allows for secure access – you can create user accounts with various access permissions to access and administer the back-end of your website
- You can add an infinite amount of features and functionality through the use of Plugins (which we’ll talk about later)
- It helps you focus on building your business rather than dealing with technical programming gobbledy-gook
- It allows you to setup a website quickly and easily
Ok, so we’ve just introduced to you what WordPress is, why it’s so popular, why we like it so much and how it helps you.
Tools Mentioned in This Tutorial:
- WordPress publishing platform (Free)
How to Install WordPress