Now that you have completed all the tutorials in this series, you’re probably wondering what’s the next step?
As we mentioned before, having an online business is a tough job and the environment in the online business world is constantly changing at a rapid pace with each day.
So, the key thing for you to keep on top of things is to do the following:
- Continue learning – as mentioned, there’s so much changing everyday, you NEED to keep reading and learning about what’s going on and how the you have to change and adapt to grow your business
- Keep testing – we mentioned before that you need to test for what works for YOUR business. Never stop testing.
- Develop your copywriting skills – perfect the art of writing persuasively
Here are some great resources that I have found useful to help you continue learning:
- Commonsense Direct & Digital Marketing by Drayton Bird – this is a great book on direct marketing from one of the best (it’s on my bookshelf too)
- Drayton Bird’s email newsletter
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy – this is an old book but the principles and concepts are still just as valid
- Seth Godin’s Blog
- Dan Kennedy (Glazer-Kennedy) email newsletter
- Perry Marshall’s email newsletter and free Adwords email course (he’s also THE PPC go-to guy)
- The Copywriter’s Handbook by Robert W. Bly
- Bob Bly’s email newsletter
- AWAI email newsletter
- Copyblogger blog
Testing and Analytics
- Which Test Won email newsletter
- Marketing Experiments email newsletter
- Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples
- Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug – paperback (this is more about web usability but it can give you ideas to test too); Kindle version is here.
Business & Entrepreneurs
- Early to Rise Email newsletter
- The 4-Hour Work-Week by Tim Ferris paperback (one of my favourite books); Kindle version here.
- Perseonal MBA by Joshua Kauffman (paperback); Kindle version here.
- 80/20 by Richard Koch
There are a lot more great resources out there but these are the ones that I have enjoyed and found useful over the years.
This is the last lesson in the Free Web Design & Business Guide, I hope you have enjoyed it and learned a lot. Please share this with your friends.
Content Creators & Content Entrepreneurs: Walk with Me
Join me on weekly virtual “walking meetings” with the FREE Walk with Me eNewsletter where I write and curate content important to Content Creators and Content Entrepreneurs.